1957 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible
- Engine Size
- 347 V8
- Transmission Type
- 4 Speed Automatic
- Body Style
1957 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible, 44k Mile UNRESTORED SURVIVOR, FACTORY AC!
1957 is widely considered to be one of the high-water years in GM automotive design. Some of the most beautiful cars sought after by today's collectors are the full-size convertibles from this era. Art & Speed is proud to offer a truly rare and desirable find - an all original, unrestored, true survivor 1957 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible. Complete with FACTORY AIR!
With only two owners, this car has a story to tell. Ordered new from Pontiac in 1957 by the assistant to a prominent Louisiana public official, the original female owner drove this car for years until her passing. But not without attracting a lot of attention! EVEN HER MARDI-GRAS BEADS STILL HANG FROM THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR. During this time, a previous Star Chief owner was so fascinated by the car's beauty that he repeatedly left his business card and contact information should she ever part with the car.
Although selling the car was not in her plans, she had the foresight to place this gentleman's business card with her important papers, giving her estate manager the information needed to make that fateful phone call. After waiting many years, this Pontiac enthusiast immediately purchased the car and placed it into long-term protection in a dry Texas building where the car resided for the next 30 years, driven sparingly to keep her alive. Art & Speed was recently given the opportunity to obtain this timepiece and is pleased to offer it FOR SALE TO THE PUBLIC FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
Wearing its original finish in Star Light Yellow with white convertible top, this car is a remarkable timepiece. All original interior in gray/blue and off-white shows only a soft patina that defies its years. Although over 60 years old, all chrome and stainless trim are original and in remarkably good condition. Nothing replaced or replated, simply well preserved. This beauty shows just over 44k original miles and runs and drives as one would expect for such a well-preserved example. The only known updates include a new convertible top and carpet approximately three years ago, new "bias style" radial tires with correct size wide whitewalls, and freshened brake and fuel systems.
Take a close look at the photos and you'll realize this is a one-time opportunity to own a true survivor Star Chief Convertible. Call Art & Speed at 901-850-0507 to become the next caretaker for this fascinating piece of automotive history!
- Factory Original 347ci V8, 270HP (P857H 17486)
- Factory Original Rochester 4 Barrel Carburetor
- Factory Original Exhaust Manifolds
- Factory Original Pontiac Valve Covers
- Factory Original "Strato-Flight" Hydra-Matic Transmission (Acc. Code A)
- Rebuilt Original ACDelco Fuel Pump
- Rebuilt Original Brake Master/Booster Unit
- 14" Factory Original Pontiac Hubs
- New American Classics 8 x 14 Radial White Wall Tires
- Power Drum Brakes
- Power Steering
- Factory Original Stainless Spinner Wheel Covers in Amazing Condition
- Originally an MMJ paint code, Showing Star Light Yellow with a Lucerne Blue Side Insert (this was changed to white shortly after delivery). Only one known to have been produced in this color combination.
- Factory Original finish with minor touchups and thin spots showing from years of polishing
- Body very straight with no issues in fitment or evidence of previous accident damage
- Factory Optioned Electric Antenna (Acc. Code EX)
- Chrome Bumpers In beautiful condition for age and originality
- Grille is in Beautiful condition
- Badging Shows well with minimal aging
- Chrome Shows minimal pitting for age
- All lights work as they should
- Newer (approximately 3 years) white power convertible top in excellent appearance and function
- Factory Original "Dark Grey" (slate blue) and "Pale Grey" (off-white) Imitation Leather (Trim Code 225) in very nice condition
- Factory Original Marbled Steering Wheel with NO VISIBLE CRACKS!
- Factory Original Dash Brightwork and Stainless Trim in showroom condition
- Carpet was replaced approximately 3 years ago
- Factory Optioned Underseat Heater Defroster (Acc. Code B)
- Factory Optioned Air Conditioning
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 347 V8
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Starlight Yellow
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Star Chief
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console